Friday, May 8, 2009

Figure Painting

For our last project in Painting II we can do anything we want. I have been dying to attempt figure painting. I have not had figure drawing or painting class but it is definitely a frequent subject matter in my sketches. I have this tendency towards line illustration so it's good for me to talk with my professor Drew because he is much about the process and building the surface and creating beautiful texture with the medium. We also talk much about approaching illustration through a lense of fine art painting, so I am hoping to fall somewhere in between. I am looking at Audrey Kawasaki and Jenny Saville for inspiration, two artists who approach their figures much from the opposite spectrum.... so this collaboration of style will be quite an experiment.

[1-3 Audrey Kawasaki, 4. Jenny Saville]





1 comment: