Wednesday, September 2, 2009

new approaches.

I feel like I am taking a completely different approach to lifestyle this year. Much has changed since my entering the semester last fall. I feel like I have new passions, new people surrounding me and supporting me, and a new perspective towards many things. It has been pretty crazy to see just how much that effects everything I do. I feel much more stable and confident this year. I feel like I am ready to take action on my ideas and start putting who I am out to the world in a more consistent way. This causes me to desire a more disciplined life, more attention to organization school-wise, more cleanliness about my room, and a healthier life style overall. As far as interior design of my space I feel like I have taken a 180. Last year my walls were bombarded with magazine pages, stickers, drawings, and other sorts of imagery. I wanted I really stimulating, vibrant, and exciting space. This year I am desiring much more of a simple and calming aesthetic. One wall holds a huge blue, green, and yellow painted cloud panel. The only other thing on the walls right now is a little "installation" showing my love for sunglasses. My hotpink, orange, and lime green bed comforter was left home replaced by a brown gray and white patterned afghan that I have grown up with. I have a real live plant living here too given to me by Amy Weber. Now I wouldn't be myself if there wasn't brightness and childlike objects sprinkled around so I have a galactic pink mirror and my little japanese toys and other friends are scattered across my desk. Overall I am going for a much more peaceful environment that can encourage a healthier life style. so far, so good. Time will tell.



No comments:

Post a Comment