Sunday, November 22, 2009

a greeting from heaven, or space?

i was waiting for my friend Rebecca to come out of her apartment building so I could give her a little gift i had for her so i decided to lay on the grass because it is a beautiful autumn sunday and it's not too cold and it's not too hot. so i laid there resting with my eyes closed for a while then i opened them to look at the sky. i saw some planes glistening by and then i noticed an oddly sparkling plane. i shielded my eyes and studied for awhile, very curious indeed. i began to realize it wasn't a plane at all but a wandering aluminum balloon high high up in the atmosphere. it had a lavender glow around it and sometimes it was dark and sometimes it was blinding. i watched it for a long time. it made me realize the beauty in slowing down, being patient, and being observant of those little things that can easily slip by.

No comments:

Post a Comment