Sunday, October 18, 2009

oishi!

I have been in the mood lately to experiment with cooking. I don't really have a way to at school because I have no time, not to mention our basement kitchen is far below par. I was at home this afternoon and jumped on my chance to play in the kitchen. I want to reinvent the typical junky comfort foods so they can be enjoyed with a much clearer conscience. Today's menu set by my father was to be grilled cheese and tomato soup. I offered to make it and got to brainstorming. Instead of packing butter on each side of the bread I spread a mixture of olive oil, salt, and pepper. I layered fresh tomato and basil down on the bread and shook some parmesan cheese on top. on the other slice of bread I spread a thin layer of cream cheese. (my dad got one slice of american for extra love) ....ba boom! so delicious! it had a light, fresh taste that was a little sharp with the parmesan. I think I'm sold on my new regular grilled cheese sandwich. Wish I had a picture of this, it was glorious. 

1 comment:

  1. Come play in my kitchen anytime, plleaaaseeee!!! love you :]

    Steph Taylor

    ReplyDelete