Sunday, January 23, 2011

Adventure overload!

This weekend was waay too fun! Hannah and Basti were up visiting. We went to "Park Here" a pop-up, indoor park that was warm and had grass, trees, a fountain, and dessert and coffee vendors! Everything was fake no allergies. It was so calming and refreshing to be there and think it was spring all around!



Our organic tea.



We made a stop at babycakes bakery. It is a vegan bakery near Chinatown. My sister had introduced it to me, but as it became a favorite I had to bring everyone to it. We were all very satisfied with our treats and they weren't overly sweet. Not to mention the packaging is super cute.


We got home and were having our cupcakes and tea, just relaxing. Something on Twitter lead me to Jonathan Levine gallery website. It is a favorite gallery of pop surrealism art in the city. I always go when I am here, but I realized at that very moment there was an opening reception of the new show! I had an hour and a half to get there so I jumped up, bundled up and ran to Chelsea with friends Greg and Hannah. Ray Caesar and Erik Mark Sandberg were the featured artists. The paintings were impressive and we got to see Jonathan Levine which was cool.






To finish the night Hannah, Bastianna and I had a girls night at Beauty Bar. It is a half salon half bar in Union Square. The dance room had patterned walls covered in glitter and we danced straight for about 2 hours to hits from the 80s and 90s. A very fun spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment