Friday, January 7, 2011

illustrators everywhere!

Yesterday was definitely the most exciting day in NYC so far! Dagr was pretty crazy because we were prepping for a presentation at 5pm so we were working like crazy from 10am-5pm making image collages, writing copy, and pulling together all of the ideas Rajan needed to pitch. No one got up to eat and we hardly moved from where we were working. Finally at 4:55pm we got a call from Vegas saying the meeting has been moved til Saturday morning! At that point we went to Republic for lunch/dinner. It was y first time out with my studio and a really good chance to get to know them better. Rajan told me about his years in Paris and Tokyo doing apparel design, how he planted a lot of companies, but what he's really passionate is music, film making, and hard work. I have a lot of respect for him.

I went with Rich, You, and Clay down to the Sacred Heart gallery to see a show of Marshall Arisman's work. He was a really nice guy and we talked about how he wants to go to the hot springs in Hokkaido and meet the snow monkeys! You introduced me to her friend Jon from England. We talked about my study abroad there and he was familiar with all the places I had gone to. He gave me some stickers of his artwork, which were VERY familiar. I realized I had been speaking to Jon Burgerman! It was so cool just to have a casual conversation, he is a great guy. As You and he are personal friends I wonder if I will be more of him sometime. You also introduced me to Yuko Shimizu, another amazing illustrator. It was such an awesome night being surrounded by so many heros and having a chance to chat with them!





No comments:

Post a Comment