Monday, January 31, 2011

Mike Perry: PULLED

Just snatched up Mike Perry's new Screenprinting catalog, "PULLED" I've been thinking about how Bio-chem students and nursing students save all their textbooks and graduate with a great useful library. Art and design students do have to buy some books but many classes are best learned by practice so we don't always have a book record of the technique afterward. A good library of resources is one of the most useful tactile things an Illustration student can graduate with and I am far behind on my collection. Josh Cochran posted on his twitter that the first 200 people who buy this book get a hand screen printed copy and since I have had this on my mind AND I'm taking screen printing this semester, I bought the book!

Some of the books featured artists are Aesthetic Apparatus, Deanne Cheuk, Steven Harrington, Maya Hayuk, Cody Hudson, Jeremyville, Andy Mueller, Rinzen, and Andy Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment