Monday, January 3, 2011

IN THE STUDIO


The first day at Dagr Nott & Associates was quite eventful. Everyone was back from break and jumping right into action. Dagr is a small, young design and ad agency consisting of 2 creative directors, Rich the art director and 3 other creatives. That makes 6 and I'm the 7th member this month. We are working on an ad campaign for a cell phone. There will be a conference in Vegas on Thursday and my task was to figure out what the "show girls" will wear. I changed sizes and colours of the "What's your Tribe" logo and spent a long time on American Apparel's website trying different short and tank combos. We are in a jam to screen print the logos because the screens are locked in someone's apartment who is away so we are at the last resort stage. I set out into the city for a couple hours of running around in the afternoon- buying tee transfers, finding the shorts and tanks at AA and H&M, returning the transfers for other ones, getting a silkscreen and finally returning at 6:30pm. Tomorrow morning we will be doing some DIY screen printing and iron transfers.... my task is to bring an iron.

Everybody is so fun and nice, I think I'm going to love them.... Rajan and David are in charge, a little reserved but very cool. Rich is very ambitious and goofy, Clay is really smart and kind, Jared is quieter so far but nice, and You is so sweet and was working on some really cool Valentines illustrations for the cell ads.

a funny portrait of my dear friend AJ, I miss him!

No comments:

Post a Comment