Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The importance of type

I am realizing how much a love exploring hand drawn type. Once you understand the letterforms, you can experiment and learn how you can alter them and exaggerate them. I am finding value in making quick alphabet sets and singling out the successful forms. The black ones below were collectively made in 10-15 minutes. It is so much more interesting to let the movement of your body and mind control where the letter goes. I learned a lot of this from visiting Sehmi's studio in London and being taught by House Industries.


from this I choose the k and the g!



The quote below is by Obama during the State of the Union Address yesterday.




Oh, and even though Ken Barber think knit graffiti is done, I'm still not sick of seeing it! :) this one is one Greene St in Soho.


No comments:

Post a Comment