Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Anxieteam @ Pete's Candy Store

Last night I hung out with You after work. We went to a small group with her church. They were all young artist professionals and we talked about the importance of sabbath or taking time to reflect, play, and rest in God. I am so grateful to find some people that can challenge me in this way. Everyone was really cool, I met Kyra who currently does freelance for MTV and Ned who is a park architect in Brooklyn. We went to Pete's Candy Store, a bar on Lorimer in Brooklyn to see Jon's band Anxieteam. Pete's was a small, intimate but very popular bar. Anxieteam was quirky and electronic but really fun. They wore different masks, and it was cool to see a huge Jon Burgerman mural on the wall behind them. For their last song called "Let's Eat Soya" they needed someone to wear a ilk carton mask and dance around. It was kinda a "too cool" hipster crowd (although everyone was really nice!) and I hate when I am in a performing or event planning position and no one participates so I decided I needed to do it! I don't like to leave awesome people hanging so I was the dancing milk carton and received pretty well.

the band!
Pete's Candy Store
hehe
Uke & electro beats!
I am so thankful for all the wonderful people I have met so quickly. It makes me realize I need to just "Trust Gawd"

No comments:

Post a Comment